2011年3月19日星期六

20 Mar 2011 Language Learning with Rosetta Stone

My daughter and I attended a conference in Veracruz, Mexico, and I used Rosetta Stone to brush up my Spanish for the trip. The conference had participants from 23 countries, but for most of them, English was their second language. Veracruz is not a common destination for Norte Americano tourists, so a relatively small proportion of the population there speaks English. It was something of an unexpected irony to learn french
me that I ended up as the translator at meals, the hotel front desk, and arranging cab rides for my colleagues from Lebanon, Russia, China, Germany, and yes, the US. (attached photo is the cathedral as seen from the balcony outside the city council chambers, Veracruz, Mexico.)Greg, San Luis Obispo, California

没有评论:

发表评论